fall fun


Today was one of those good days.  Just a normal Sunday with a little fun sprinkled in.

There was an abundance of teenagers here for the weekend, in and out, staying for a few minutes… or the whole weekend.  There was laughter, movies, lots of food eaten, Mountain Dew consumed, and just general teenager-ness.

Summer and I worked the Aggie game yesterday.  More appropriately, concessions worked me.  I’m terribly out of shape (or old, but I prefer to say out of shape, because I can DO something about THAT.)

Today I skipped Sunday school – AND church, which I didn’t intend to do – and slept in.  I think I slept too much.  Sister came over with Mom and Dad and the Niece and Nephew.  LOVE having them here…  Nephew LOVES the guinea pigs.  Niece wasn’t feeling too good, which made me sad, because I love watching her curls bounce when she runs around my house.

A migraine greeted me about 4:00 this afternoon. Determined to tell the headache who’s boss, I took some Ibuprofen and tackled a project with SuperGirl.  Last week she talked me into buying a pumpkin.  And I thought it would be fun to get a carving kit – you know, because I would dump the project on her father.  Turns out the rest of today would be “work on Summer’s car” day and the teenagers ran off to church and hangoutwithfriends time.  We had a very sad SuperGirl on our hands.  Momma decided to man up and start the project.

Cleaning and getting the seeds out of the pumpkin was messy, but fun.  Getting the design carved wasn’t as hard as I expected.  I came out with all of my fingers, but the cat was headless.  Thanks to some creative Aggie engineering, we repaired the kitty’s head and ended up with this…

The fresh air and distraction did my head wonders.  We decided we weren’t done creating, so SuperGirl and I roasted the seeds from the pumpkin.  The house smelled incredible.


SuperGirl thought they were great.  The debate ensued as to weather to crack them and eat the insides or just eat the whole seed.  Both methods were tried… We ate the whole things.  And they were GREAT!!  I think that’s something we’ll do again… probably next year.

{We mixed the seeds with about 3 Tbl. melted butter and sprinkled with seasoned salt.  Baked for 45 minutes, at 300 degrees.}

For a moment, I thought it was a great fall day… until I realized that it was 90 degrees out.  Oh well.  Happy Fall, y’all!





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s